Problems with watercooler

briggslane

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I just recently bought a new psu and water cooler. I first put in the psu and when I started the pc, no problem the thing started up fine and everything worked. Next was the H55 water cooler. I put it in my pc with no problem and everything started up just fine, and it actually works great, I have no problem with it, but the one problem with it is that while i'm playing any game, my CPU and GPU both dip down from 80% utilization to about 5 to 10% utilization and this causes major lag spikes in any game I play.

I have 2 screenshots to display what happens when it works and when it dips down to pretty much nothing. I don't know how to upload them but if there is way tell me .

PC Specs:
i7 7700k
16GB DDR4 3000MHz
GX 1060 6GB
H55 Corsair Watercooler

Solution
Yes make sure you have CoreTemp or CPUz to show you actual tempratures and then run Prime95 version 26.6 to see what your real tempratures are at full load. If it goes over 80 degrees C stop the test...but let me know what your temps are once done.

briggslane

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

I have CAM and I've looked at that but it seems like it doesn't work too well because it goes from 90C to like 50 C in a half a second and it doesn't look too right. Is Prime95 a better solution to finding out if it actually is overheating?

Yes make sure you have CoreTemp or CPUz to show you actual tempratures and then run Prime95 version 26.6 to see what your real tempratures are at full load. If it goes over 80 degrees C stop the test...but let me know what your temps are once done.

Solution

briggslane

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

Can you send me your email so I can send you the task manager pictures of my fluxuation in task manager?