Question Problems with Wi-Fi on my gaming PC

petersiket200

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Hi guys.

First things first, here are some details of my PC.

Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming motherboard
Intel i7-10700K cpu
32GB Ram
AMD radeon RX 5700 TX GPU
Asus PCE-AC56 wi-fi adapter
Tilgin HG2381_EU router
400/400 fiber (not quite sure)

I bought myself a new PC in the summer and i kinda made a mistake because it came without Wi-Fi card, so i had to purchase a wifi adapter which was advised by the comapny who sold me the PC. The reason why i bought a wifi adapter and not just wire it up with ethernet cable is that apartment i live in im renting, so im sharing the internet with the guy who owns the apartment and lives above me. He have 1 router and two repeaters and the signal strength is not the problem either, but the internet speed is very bad time to time even just for surfing and not to even mention gaming. I have tried a lot of things i read here like reinstalling the drivers, reseting network, reseting ip in command promp etc. I have even spoken to the landlord and he have tired to move things around (one of the repeaters are above my pc) to see if the connection is better but its not. Im kinda empty for ideas, seems like he is not interested in using money on stretching a cable down to me, i wondered if i should try to buy a repeater myself but i only read bad recomendations about them so i dont know, maybe other Wi-fi card? I also have a MSI trident 3 8RC-085EU PC and never had issue with in game lag or internet really. So im not even sure where the problem lies maybe the PC or the adapter or the wi-fi signal?
Well im open to any ideas and i hope someone could help me out.

petersiket200

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Seems like these power adapters need to be plugged into the wifi router. As i told earlier he have 2 range extenders placed around the house. He wanted to give me one to try if it gets better but then he spoke to the internet provider who told him that there is no point in that allthough im not so sure about that.