Question Problems with Windows 10 on Packard Bell iMedia 3850 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2022
Hello everyone! I'm new on this forum!
I have some troubles with my computer (desktop).
It's a Packard Bell iMedia 3850.
Motherboard: H67H2-AD
CPU: Intel Core I3 2100 with HD 2000 iGPU
RAM: 2x2GB Unifosa GU512303EP0202. .
HDD: Samsung SATA 80GB.
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P01-A0 20/11/2010

I began upgrading this computer some weeks ago. After installing Windows 10 I put on a 4GB RAM stick Unifosa HU564403EP020 (I'm going to remove the 2x2GB and add 3 more 4GB sticks, but I havent bought them yet). So, now on my PC has 8GB installed. After I upgraded Ram, it worked perfectly.

Some days ago I installed a new CPU (Intel Core I7 2600) and I began having troubles.
After installing the new CPU I turned my PC on and when Desktop was displayed came out this message: "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". I thought the problem might have been caused by a driver, so I reinstalled Windows 10, but it didn't work. After the first restart came out another message and I wasn't able to continue installing Windows 10.
Eventually I tried to install the first version of Windows 10 (Threshold 1) and IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!
After installing Threshold 1 I began updating it on windows update. Everything went fine until It tried to install 20H2. My PC ran again into the same message.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it? Should I change some settings in the BIOS or update it? Do you think I could fix it by installing Windows 11?
Thanks!

Sep 10, 2022
First step is update the BIOS if there is a newer one. Newer versions of Windows add security features that may need something your motherboard either needs an upgrade to run or may not have at all. You are also installing it on a very small drive, 80GB is barely enough for Windows.
Thank you for answering!!!
I've been thinking about updating my BIOS, but I don't know where I can find the newest version compatible with mine. I'd rather be sure before I update the BIOS. Could you help me please?
I know that my HD is rather small. I'm going to install a SSD when my computer is OK.

Sep 10, 2022
And, in addition to the above a repair installation will be required in order to get Windows to see and support the new CPU as Windows is NOT plug and play in that regard.
Thank you for answering!!!
I reinstalled Windows 10 after I put on the new CPU, but it still doesn't work with the newest versions of Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.