[SOLVED] Problems with Windows 11 and Valorant

May 24, 2022
Hello,

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, I was having many problems with it, so I tried to revert back to Windows 10. Tt failed to revert and now it is too late to revert.
To play VALORANT on Windows 11, I need to enable TPM 2.0 with Secure Boot. After enabling these settings in BIOS, it causes my PC to not boot Windows or BIOS. I had to reset CMOS to get BIOS to boot to change the settings back for Windows to boot.
I appreciate any help with my problems, if any additional information is needed, I will gladly reply.
Thank you so much community :)

PC SPECS
MSI X570-A PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core
Radeon RX 580
G Skill RipJaws V 16GB DDR-3600
MSI MPG AG650F

Solution
Hello,

When I first upgraded to Windows 11, I was having many problems with it, so I tried to revert back to Windows 10. Tt failed to revert and now it is too late to revert.
To play VALORANT on Windows 11, I need to enable TPM 2.0 with Secure Boot. After enabling these settings in BIOS, it causes my PC to not boot Windows or BIOS. I had to reset CMOS to get BIOS to boot to change the settings back for Windows to boot.
I appreciate any help with my problems, if any additional information is needed, I will gladly reply.

PC SPECS
MSI X570-A PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core
Radeon RX 580
MSI MPG AG650F
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect...
Hello,

PC SPECS
MSI X570-A PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core
Radeon RX 580
MSI MPG AG650F
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot if it was turned on by default, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. Try to take a look on power plan if amd ryzen balanced power plan is available, if it's not then its okay.

• Install the latest radeon driver or try use Anermine Driver (nimez) (install tutorial here, might want some tweaks like enabling resize bar or hyper memory, etc.), and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
May 24, 2022
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot if it was turned on by default, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. Try to take a look on power plan if amd ryzen balanced power plan is available, if it's not then its okay.

• Install the latest radeon driver or try use Anermine Driver (nimez) (install tutorial here, might want some tweaks like enabling resize bar or hyper memory, etc.), and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Hello, thanks for your help! While following the steps , I wasn’t able to uninstall my Amd chipset driver from control panel and proceeded. After I flashed bios I got a bit scared bc it finished and stayed black screen, but I force shut down and thankfully it turned on. I am now installing and chipset drivers but I am getting an error. I will post image of what keeps popping up View: https://imgur.com/a/prXNNXb

May 24, 2022
Hello, thanks for your help! While following the steps , I wasn’t able to uninstall my Amd chipset driver from control panel and proceeded. After I flashed bios I got a bit scared bc it finished and stayed black screen, but I force shut down and thankfully it turned on. I am now installing and chipset drivers but I am getting an error. I will post image of what keeps popping up View: https://imgur.com/a/prXNNXb
Okay never mind, I just had to keep pressing okay on the error pop up. I posted a pic of an update bc I couldn’t check volume View: https://imgur.com/a/H6NQdaC