Problems with windows 7

SuperKit

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
Hello :) ,

I have been having some problems with my gaming rig. I built it myself 5 months ago and i haven't had any problems with it before yesterday.
The first time i noticed that there was something wrong was when i started my pc , and tried to run steam. But steam didn't run , and i wasnt able to fix it. A little while later i noticed that spotify crashed when i played a song. Then i discovered that i wasn't able to watch youtube vid's anymore. Also the volume mixer crashes if i try to adjust the volume. And when i shut down my pc , it takes 1 + hours before it actually shuts down and after that i get a blue screen and my system reboots.
I already have checked my cpu and gpu temps , defragmented my hd , cleaned everything with ccleaner , used a system restore point from 1 month back and nothing worked. The only thing i discovered was when i launched w7 in safe mode i was able to shut down the pc easily and nothing crashed. Also did a clean boot ( with msconfig ) and that didnt work. The last solution i can think of is completely wiping my drives clean and reinstalling windows 7 , but i really don't want to do that because i dont want to reinstall everything. So thats why i'm here , can you please help me?

Sincerely , Felix

SuperKit

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014
I'm using norton ( it has expired already ) , but i haven't downloaded anything in the last month.