Problems with Wireless Devices

XtrimePT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Hi there guys, it's me again. I came up with some wireless problems.

So, it all started with this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2030638/question-cascading-routers.html

Resuming, i used a second router to cascade my home network but wireless devices couldn't surf the web while under the slave router. By the time i got an answer it all worked out.

Now i have some odd problem. My Android Smartphone can connect under the slave router's range and surf the web, but my parent's laptop can't... but if i move it to the living room (where the Main Router is located) it successfully connects to the network and surfs all great.

So this is one part of the problem: why can my Smartphone connect to the Internet while under the Slave Router and the Laptop can not?

The other part of the problem

I have a printer, an HP Deskjet 3050 J610, located in my bedroom (where it's the Slave Router).
It's wired connected to my PC but i want to connect it to the network, wirelessly.

I start the printer's setup to do that. When it's detecting Networks my SSID is appearing 2 times, with a strong signal coming from the Slave Router and a weaker signal coming from the Main Router

If i choose either one the printer can not connect to the network, however if i turn off one of the routers it connects successfully to the one powered on.

Any answers on this, guys? I hope i can fix this, this is very strange...

Suggestion: i was just thinking, maybe this problem happens because the two routers are not too far away, so when the laptop or printer try to connect to my network they detect both antenas and enter in conflict to wich one they should turn on? If that's the case, in order to extend my network signal, should i use another type of equipment?

XtrimePT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

Thanks for the interest in helping :)

The Master's IP is 192.168.0.1
DHCP Ranges from x.x.x.10 to x.x.x.50

The Secondary Router's IP is outside the Master's DHCP Range --> 192.168.0.100

XtrimePT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

If i do that the devices under the Slave are granted an IP but can not surf the Web. This is very weird realy, i correctly passed all steps and it's still not getting to surf the web wirelessly in my bedroom