News Process Lasso Now Supports Intel Alder Lake CPUs, Could Address Performance Issues

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
By the way, I was looking at a small channel on YT yesterday (forgot it's name) and they were testing Alder Lake P cores and E cores, benchmarked separately, and they found out that if you disable the E cores, the P cores alone will give higher FPS in most games.

I'm waiting for the other bigger tech tubers (HUB and GN) to do these tests too, because they seem interesting and if true, I'm not sure what's more surprising, that Alder Lake is not using it's full potential, or how many early adopter issues it still has and will have for some time...

edit: found it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLZtuJbISg

Last edited:
Reactions: rluker5

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Process lasso? Never heard of that thing.
It's a great little tool for some programs/games that are finicky with cores/threads or to give higher priority to CPU, memory and IO, among others.

I remember I used it on a few games that had stuttering with Ryzen 2600 and all I needed to do was disable 1 core for them and they were smooth after, because of that (The Surge 2 is one of them).

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
It's a great little tool for some programs/games that are finicky with cores/threads or to give higher priority to CPU, memory and IO, among others.

I remember I used it on a few games that had stuttering with Ryzen 2600 and all I needed to do was disable 1 core for them and they were smooth after, because of that (The Surge 2 is one of them).
Ah OK. Thats why its relevant now, with the Big little architecture. Thanks.