[SOLVED] Processor AIO on a GTX 1060?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So here's a little backstory. I recently ran a benchmark for my GPU, the inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Twin X2. With all the fans (case and GPU) running at max power, I achieved a temperature of 50 °C. I allready have a 240ml AIO instaled for my CPU, and I've measured the temperature of the air exiting my case as well. This air is 21 °C.

Later, I found out that it was possible to mount a AIO block to a GPU using one of those AIO brackets. Like this:
1_Corsair-Hydro-Series-HG10-N780-Edition.jpg

This is the Corsair Hydro Series HG10 N780 Edition. It is placed on the GPU to mount a AIO-block to the GPU-core, and it's made as a heatsink, to cool the other components that need to be cooled. With that AIO on it, temperatures will drop with 25 degrees.

However, this particular holder is made for the GTX 7x0 and Titan series.
So, does anyone know if there is one of these, made for the GTX 1060, specifically for the inno3D version?

Solution
I can see it from a noise standpoint - the 50C is measured with fans at 100% etc, is what I'm reading.
However, I completely agree with everyone thus far. A cheap 1060 @ say 65-70C (with a reasonable fan curve & noise level) is a much smarter route Vs. the added cost of a G12 or similar (~$30) and a compatible AIO (say ~$60 minimum).

That $100 potential spend on the added extras would be better spent, coupled with money raised from selling the 1060 going into a stronger performing card.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
With all the fans (case and GPU) running at max power, I achieved a temperature of 50 °C

I don't see a problem here...you should be quite happy with this temperature.

The money would be better spent on just upgrading the GPU to something better.

But everyone is entitled to waste their own money as they choose.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Been seeing a lot of these threads lately where the discussion is around taking budget-minded components, but spending extra money to say "HEY EVERYONE, I DO LIQUID COOLING!!!!!!!".

There is little benefit for liquid cooling if you see load temps at 50C. So, for another $150, you might drop 2-3C? Maybe? You can do that by changing the factory thermal compound on the air cooler with some good paste and re-seating the factory cooler.

There is also a huge push lately for everything to be liquid cooling, but the poor understanding exists where everything thinks 'any liquid cooling is good liquid cooling and is as good as custom liquid cooling event at lower cost'.

It isn't.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I can see it from a noise standpoint - the 50C is measured with fans at 100% etc, is what I'm reading.
However, I completely agree with everyone thus far. A cheap 1060 @ say 65-70C (with a reasonable fan curve & noise level) is a much smarter route Vs. the added cost of a G12 or similar (~$30) and a compatible AIO (say ~$60 minimum).

That $100 potential spend on the added extras would be better spent, coupled with money raised from selling the 1060 going into a stronger performing card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS