Processor for gaming

Solution
The ASUS Prime-A you selected is not a bad board. I have not had a Asus Prime board, but it has the features of a good mid-range board. I think spending $150 on a board is a good spot for a 270. You should be able to get a good board with all the features you need for $150.

You might want to check prices on the Gigabyte Gaming 5 and MSI Gaming M5. Those may be a little more than $150, but you should see some pretty good deals on Z270 boards right now because of the Z370 chipset was just released.

I also like the MSI Tomahawk, they are good boards for a reasonable price, and they look pretty cool too :)
Do you currently have a rig? If so, what specs? If new build, what other components have you decided? What is the total budget of remaining components? I am asking is because new CPU will probably need new MB and even ddr4 ram. Just CPU wise, get I7-8700k ~$390.

The i5 8400 is a really good chip if you can find one. The 8600k are very nice as well, but the prices on those are a little high at the moment. It may be best to wait a few weeks till the "new" wears off of the Intel 8th gen CPUs for pricing to become more reasonable. The motherboards are a little high to, so factor that in your decision.

The AMD 1600 is a good chip and the motherboards are cheaper, but the 8400 is better for a similar price.

What liquid cooler comes with it? It is not a bad price if you can get a 240mm or higher liquid cooler. 120/140mm liquid coolers are not very good.

7700k's are great CPUs, but I would only buy one right now for a good price. I would not pay over $300 for a 7700k. So if it comes with a good cooler, $340 is not bad.

I don't know if you budget includes motherboard or not. You will definitely need a Z270 board. Do not get a H board as it wont overclock. Z boards are more expensive and the very cheap ones do not overclock well. I would look for a midrange motherboard such as a Gigabyte Game 5 or MSI Tomahawk.

I have a Gigabyte gaming 7 and I have not problems getting my 7700k to OC. I run a Corsair H115i cooler and hit 5ghz at 1.34 volts and keep my temps below 80C for the most part.

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017

can you check this
https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-PRIME-Z270-LGA1151-Motherboard/dp/B01NGTYV2Q?tag=googinhydr18418-21

The ASUS Prime-A you selected is not a bad board. I have not had a Asus Prime board, but it has the features of a good mid-range board. I think spending $150 on a board is a good spot for a 270. You should be able to get a good board with all the features you need for $150.

You might want to check prices on the Gigabyte Gaming 5 and MSI Gaming M5. Those may be a little more than $150, but you should see some pretty good deals on Z270 boards right now because of the Z370 chipset was just released.

I also like the MSI Tomahawk, they are good boards for a reasonable price, and they look pretty cool too :)

Solution