Processor for Revit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
My brother wants us (me) to build him a computer to run Revit on a relatively low budget. I can get a Z68 MB and i5 2500K pretty cheaply right now at Microcenter. Does this make sense for a processor cost of under $200 or should we be looking at an AMD X6? We plan to use a Quadro 400 video card, 8-16 GB of memory and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Solution
yeah the 2500k would be a good choice. if it lags you can always overclock it on the stock voltage with little increase in power and heat. Z68 will allow you to use the iGPU but since you will be buying a graphics card that shouldnt matter. you can use a p67 board instead and save some money. as for ram most people using revit say the more the better (8gb minimum)

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
yeah the 2500k would be a good choice. if it lags you can always overclock it on the stock voltage with little increase in power and heat. Z68 will allow you to use the iGPU but since you will be buying a graphics card that shouldnt matter. you can use a p67 board instead and save some money. as for ram most people using revit say the more the better (8gb minimum)

Solution

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS