Processor for trading

harrissuk

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
I7-7700k vs i7-7740x strictly for a trading computer, Not for any gaming. 2-4 monitors. Technical trading with extensive graphs,charts. Processing speed utmost important. Would be open for other suggestions other then above.

Solution
Intel has higher clock speeds, and can use faster ram.

OP there are no benchmarks for this, personally i'd go intel, but for 'normal' usage there is little in between them, the question is, is this a subset of normal usage, or something completely different. If it is different, then i'd suggest that the higher clocks speeds, and higher memory speeds would give you millisecond advantages over ryzen, are you doing the kind of trading where millseconds count?
Intel has higher clock speeds, and can use faster ram.

OP there are no benchmarks for this, personally i'd go intel, but for 'normal' usage there is little in between them, the question is, is this a subset of normal usage, or something completely different. If it is different, then i'd suggest that the higher clocks speeds, and higher memory speeds would give you millisecond advantages over ryzen, are you doing the kind of trading where millseconds count?

Solution