[SOLVED] Processor power management problem

Kruemnek

Commendable
Aug 3, 2020
For certain reasons, i have to limit my processor power on my laptop. I switch to "Balanced" and i click reset to default settings, i limit my processor power and then everything is fine until I restart. After i restart my laptop the processor starts to work on its 100% percent no matter what i change. The only way to fix that is to go into power plans and repeat the process with resetting to default. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Solution
Asus VivoBook 15
CPU - Amd Ryzen 5 3500U
GPU - Amd Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
RAM - 12GB

Are you talking about this?

Yes, exactly. Have you got the Ryzen Balanced power profile on or is it just a standard balanced profile? If not The Ryzen version, download that and see if it makes a difference.

You can get the Ryzen balanced profile by installing the chipset driver again, and choosing it in the options. You might have to uninstall the chipset driver first and then re-install it.
Asus VivoBook 15
CPU - Amd Ryzen 5 3500U
GPU - Amd Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
RAM - 12GB

Are you talking about this?

Yes, exactly. Have you got the Ryzen Balanced power profile on or is it just a standard balanced profile? If not The Ryzen version, download that and see if it makes a difference.

You can get the Ryzen balanced profile by installing the chipset driver again, and choosing it in the options. You might have to uninstall the chipset driver first and then re-install it.

Solution

Kruemnek

Commendable
Aug 3, 2020
Oh well, i didn't see your reply and downloaded drivers from the AMD website. Nothing changed. For some reason it still doesn't listen to my limitations and makes the processor work a lot more than i want it to work. I set my maximum power to 20% and minimum to 20%. It does not limit it.