Processor upgrade suggestion.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
My system specs:
cpu - i72600k (is the cpu bottle necking my gpu?)
ram - 4x2gb 1333 (is the ram bottle necking my system?)
hdd - 4.5 tb
gpu- msi gtx1060gamingx
psu - coolermaster 550w bronze

i'm now playing watchdogs 2 (with newly arrived gpu) and its stuttering badly (updated to newest patch with ultra texture) even in the lowest setting.
my system qualifies the minimum system requirement but the stuttering is bad in some populated areas in map.

i googled some info about it and found that game is very cpu intensive or badly optimize, i also saw in my taskmanager that it uses processor mostly. so, do i need processor upgrade or is it just the game. if i need processor upgrade can you guys suggest me a list of processor which i can use for long run.
I USE MY PC FOR GAMING MOSTLY.

Solution
Adjusting the game settings should help:
Turn AA as low as possible, after resolution this setting has the largest effect on frame rates.
Lower the number of objects in the game, the fewer people/objects the system has to model and render the faster it'll be.
Flashy particle effects like fog, smoke, fire, water and PhysX increase the CPU as well as the GPU workload significantly.
If the game has a number of Nvidia Gameworks options like real hair, turn them off.

Ultimately, your current CPU is the holdup, though, good as it was the i7 2600K is getting on and showing its age in this type of CPU intensive title, patches may very well increase performance but, sadly the current CPU is just outclassed by the software requirements.

As...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is likely your motherboard supports an i7-3770k, but that is a very minor upgrade over an i7-2600k.

A worthwhile processor upgrade is going to involve replacing the Motherboard, RAM and CPU.

Something like an i5-8400 + B360 motherboard and 8GB of DDR4 would be the cheapest option. If you want to stick with high end stuff, i7-8700k and a Z370 motherboard. (Or hold out a few weeks for Z390 and an i7-9700k)

Adjusting the game settings should help:
Turn AA as low as possible, after resolution this setting has the largest effect on frame rates.
Lower the number of objects in the game, the fewer people/objects the system has to model and render the faster it'll be.
Flashy particle effects like fog, smoke, fire, water and PhysX increase the CPU as well as the GPU workload significantly.
If the game has a number of Nvidia Gameworks options like real hair, turn them off.

Ultimately, your current CPU is the holdup, though, good as it was the i7 2600K is getting on and showing its age in this type of CPU intensive title, patches may very well increase performance but, sadly the current CPU is just outclassed by the software requirements.

As Eximo says, upgrading won't come cheap: You'll need to use a new CPU, MB and RAM.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.89 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B360M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($63.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Value 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $397.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-11 16:13 EDT-0400

No frills gaming setup, you can drop to 8Gb of RAM to save cash, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Don't forget, you MAY also need to purchase another Windows licence, although you may be able to transfer the current one to the upgraded system.

Solution

It's not cheap. That's for sure. The Core i5 8400 to 8600K is a good range to upgrade to. It's quite a bit cheaper than the i7 and it still performs great in games. I'd go for the 8400 unless I wanted to overclock. Overclocking on Intel costs a pretty penny more though. So only do it if you're totally sure you'll want to overclock.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
no, not with others, im also playing Tom clancy Ghost recon wildlands, in ultra it runs fine in not so populated area but some frame drops in populated areas. also NFS payback works okay.

TRENDING THREADS