Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

ive installed a new processor (2300)when i start my pc it
says in the start up processor is (1300)any ideas why
that is

three minutes is too soon to post again.

Wait 24 hours between posting the same question.

"pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1e6f01c48d07$7f5c4f20$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| ive installed a new processor (2300)when i start my pc it
| says in the start up processor is (1300)any ideas why
| that is

Check your Motherboard manual and see if there is a
jumper setting that you need to move. You are probably
set to 100mhz and not 133.

I'm assuming you have DDR memory on this system and not
standard Sdram correct?