Product ID for Free Suppot

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

How can I get my Product ID for Win 2000 Advanced Server
when the machine won't boot up. I need the Bcupdate2
utility because I get the error NTLDR is missing. I don't
want to pay $100 for the utility. What am I supposed to
do?

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:21:29 -0700, "Jason" <j_szelest@hotmail.com> wrote:

>How can I get my Product ID for Win 2000 Advanced Server
>when the machine won't boot up. I need the Bcupdate2
>utility because I get the error NTLDR is missing. I don't
>want to pay $100 for the utility. What am I supposed to
>do?

Why not boot the Win2K Server CD-ROM and do a Manual repair, selecting
"Inspect startup environment"?

See tip 2039 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Call the "IT Professional" phone number from the web page Jimmy
provided (1-800-936-4900) and choose option 3 to obtain a hotfix. There is
no charge for this.

--
Emmers Presson [MSFT]

"Jason" <j_szelest@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I get my Product ID for Win 2000 Advanced Server
> when the machine won't boot up. I need the Bcupdate2
> utility because I get the error NTLDR is missing. I don't
> want to pay $100 for the utility. What am I supposed to
> do?

TRENDING THREADS