Product Key Question

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Ok, so this may sound odd, but I have landed my hands on a Win 10 Pro Product key, and I have Win 10 Home. Can I activate Win 10 home with the pro key? Or do I have to re install. Thanks for any help.

Solution

Since you just installed, the best bet would be to download the Pro version and do a fresh install over the home version. The process is basically the same for upgrading, but a fresh install wont carry any of the baggage of an upgrade.

When you download from MS, just select to download for a different computer and select to get Pro or both Pro and home in the install package and just tell it which version you want during the install.

RedDubzSmash

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I just installed home, and didn't activate it, I am at work and bought a OEM pro key for cheap. So how do I upgrade? Do I just type in the product key? I have built 9 pcs but info is vague in this area.

Since you just installed, the best bet would be to download the Pro version and do a fresh install over the home version. The process is basically the same for upgrading, but a fresh install wont carry any of the baggage of an upgrade.

When you download from MS, just select to download for a different computer and select to get Pro or both Pro and home in the install package and just tell it which version you want during the install.

Solution