Professor Smashes PC Dipped in Liquid Nitrogen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
After all that build up, there was no money shot. I want to see what happened to the laptop. The student was probably afraid his phone would be next if he moved to get a view of the broken laptop...

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I just hope that wasn't some kids laptop in the room. I mean, if they knew he didn't want them there, it was dumb of them to bring it. But that is an expensive way of making a point!

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
It was staged, not a students notebook, a broken notebook used to prove a point. That's what it says in the video's notes on the youtube page.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I don't understand why he is so aggressive about students using laptops during lectures. Some people actually use their laptops to take notes.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
dude did you see the principal's laptop? he lent it to me and he'll be back in a few. i went to pee for a minute and now its gone?!

ohh professor! did you see the principal's laptop? its black.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I wanted to see the broken laptop on the ground. Poor job camera man.
Also laptop should be used in the classroom as long as it does not distract other students, what's wrong with him.

G

Making a point is one thing, though practising it on other people's laptops is an entirely different thing.

Say this guy breaks a students laptop who brought it into class because they find it easier to take notes and study overall?
The professor takes the laptop from the student, smashes it into million pieces, and the student not only loses a pricey piece of equipment, but also lots of data pertaining to his/her studies.

If he did it on a students laptop who actually used it in the described capacity, a lawsuit would be justified, along with proper reimbursement of material damage (not to mention loss of info).

Professors may have a lot to say in their classrooms, but this kind of material abuse and expecting no repercussions for actions that resulted in financial/information damage is absurd.

Curbing distractions in class is one thing and it's good to try to eliminate them, but this guy isn't too clever if he thinks some students won't file a lawsuit if he does it on students laptops.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Okay that professor needs a vacation or retire? Telling students not bring laptops to his class is fine, but I think he toke things a bit far. Now he looks more like a hater than anything else.

nimbus77

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
The professor needs to climb out of the cave and realize that students use the laptop to enhance their learning capabilities.

Freeze the professor with the liquid nitrogen. call it a cryogenic experiment

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
This must be a wet dream he's been having for quite some time. The next thing he's going to do is to dip some student's head in the nitrogen and smash it.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I think you all are missing the point. I don't think the professor was raging about a student bringing a laptop to class. I bet he does that every semester to keep his students interested, not to scare them into submission. He gets the point across either way and with such a hands on approach, I bet his class is interesting enough to not have to distract yourself. I wish I had this guy as a professor...

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Sad little man on a power trip. Hopefully the owner of the laptop gets him fired and he's forced to pay for a replacement out of his own pocket.

You can have a rule no laptops in my class and drop the person from your class if they disobey that rule, but that doesn't give you the right to destroy people's property. Doesn't this fall under "Wilful destruction of property" ?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Video = FAIL

All that and no money shot.

Its not a students notebook, destruction of property of $500 or more will get you easily arrested. Considering how some other silly things can land you in jail.

Its easy to find a dead notebook somewhere. Biggest worry is what happened to the battery? That is a health hazzard to have that break open.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Nothing helps get the point across more than visual aid.
Plus, how can anyone take your threats seriously if you don't
destroy some property.

I'll tell you who,no-one.

(The destroying property bit was a joke, in case someone comes up with a rebuttle telling me how big of a psycho I am. This is after all the internets and obvious humour is oft' times not picked up on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS