Profile Service error

Alexanderth

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Hi Tomshardware Community,

The error described in the title has ruined the past week, every fix I found online I tried and didn't work. This thread is a last resort.

The problem starts when I try to login with the admin account. I get the user profile service service failed the logon. I've read a dozen of pages to solve this problem, even some pages from Microsoft itself, but there's still another admin account required for that. ???

(I try to do this without deleting personal stuff).

I tried in safe mode to gain access to the account but it didn't work. So the only account that I can access is that of the guest.
Is it possible to create a new admin from within the guest ?
Or maybe someone knows how to get in the superadmin to make a new admin account ?

Hopefully someone can help me further.
Thank u for your time.

Solution

If you are not able to log in with an administrative account you will not be able to access the registry unfortunately. You can easily burn a windows restore disk from another computer or borrow one from a friend. Have you tried SAFE MODE? Do you have another admin account you...

Do you have the Windows restore disk? From the command prompt you should be able to open up regedit and delete the corrupted profile. Once the corrupted profile is deleted try logging into Windows again using the admin account.

START FROM STEP 5!

http://theitbros.com/fix-corrupt-windows-7-temporary-profile/

Alexanderth

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

I'm still searching for the disk, probably lost it somewhere.
Do you know a solution without a restore disk ?
Thank you for your time

If you are not able to log in with an administrative account you will not be able to access the registry unfortunately. You can easily burn a windows restore disk from another computer or borrow one from a friend. Have you tried SAFE MODE? Do you have another admin account you can log in as?

Solution