Question Program delay with no internet connection?

Jun 3, 2021
Hello, so I have this issue (don't know if its an actual issue or just a Windows 10 thing) where i've basically noticed this while being disconnected from the internet (I run ethernet), programs such as cmd, task mngr and other system related programs get this 2-3 second delay, everything runs fine, just that delay, I tried a clean wipe and install of W10 (didn't work), booting into safemode (funnily enough in safemode with no connection everything loads up at the click of the button) its just that when running normally while disconnected it has the weird delay, when ethernet is reconnected voila, cmd, task mngr load up at the click of the button, so I ask is this a driver issue? potential malware? or is it Windows 10 being itself (I have had worse things like a boot loop happen before because of a failed update), any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state doing a clean install of the OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard(laptop?)? Just to double check, can you see what OS version you're on at the time of writing?

Jun 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state doing a clean install of the OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard(laptop?)? Just to double check, can you see what OS version you're on at the time of writing?
Yes, I used the Media tool straight from Microsofts own website and loaded it onto my 16GB usb stick, this is also a PC and not a laptop, BIOS version: E7C02AMS.370 (I run a B450 Tomahawk Max) BIOS build date: 06/09/2020, Windows 10 Pro (it is not an activated version), version 20H2 with build 19042.1023

Jun 3, 2021
Also, I doubt its malware because this installation is clean, I run the paid version of bitdefender on my PC and did a full scan and nothing came up, ran malwarebytes and nothing came up too as well so I assume it could be a possible networking driver issue, this is just strange to me, this is my first time dealing with something like this

TRENDING THREADS