Program giving me annoying popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
So i downloaded a launcher to play an older Dos game, and since getting it, on boot the program would open itself along with an IE popup full of nonsense (looks like some sort of config or coding) Its bothered me so i uninstalled the program and deleted all traces after that, However the IE popup still persists. I ran both Avast and Malware Bytes, Neither flagged anything, I also checked in msconfig for anything that might be causing the issue and that isnt the case either...If anyone knows how i can stop this id would love some assistance.

The program was EZdoom, and the popup tries to take me to the creators dropbox page or something, Tried to include a screenshot of it but im not sure what this site wants me to do in order to do that

Solution
To include screenshots you first have to upload them to third-party hosting site like Imgur (http://www.imgur.com)

Then include in your post the relevant link to the page where your screenshots are.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
Well basically, Its a dropbox window that asks me to install the file every time i boot, I dont know how to get rid of it as ive already deleted the program, and nothing else from it exists anywhere to be found, i even tried searching for dropbox

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
Viewing the registry with %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit, didnt seem to show anything, Going to try ccleaner and see what happens... Although im not hopeful with a free version of scanning software, they tend not to work well in my experience

Soajex

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
So i downloaded CCleaner, did both of its scans, got back some storage space and somehow it logged me into this from google rather than the other account i have and deleted all of my stored login/passwords apparently, However eZdoom still prompts me to download from dropbox when i boot up. x.x

So in short... Target remains x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.