[SOLVED] Program in Task Manager Startup

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
I have an entry called simply Program, with a blank icon and no publisher in the startup tab of task manager. I've looked online before coming here, but I did not understand what they recommend me to do.

I have done this:
  • Open Task Manager.
  • Select the Startup tab.
  • Right-click on the column header.
  • From the context menu, enable these two options: Startup type and Command line.
and found that it is most likely MS Teams.

However, I do not know what to do now. The rest of the article is gibberish to me. Is it just an annoyance? Can I just leave it alone? Or can it cause issues down the line? It just disturbs me a little bit to leave it like this.

Solution
I have an entry called simply Program, with a blank icon and no publisher in the startup tab of task manager. I've looked online before coming here don't worry, but I did not get what they recommend me to do here.

I have done this:
  • Open Task Manager.
  • From the context menu, enable these two options: Startup type and Command line.
and found that it is MS Teams.

However, I do not know what to do now. The rest of the article is gibberish to me. Is it just an annoyance? Should I just leave it alone? Or can it cause issues if left like this?
That ‘Program’ in the startup tab in Task Manager is completely normal...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I have an entry called simply Program, with a blank icon and no publisher in the startup tab of task manager. I've looked online before coming here don't worry, but I did not get what they recommend me to do here.

I have done this:
  • Open Task Manager.
and found that it is MS Teams.

However, I do not know what to do now. The rest of the article is gibberish to me. Is it just an annoyance? Should I just leave it alone? Or can it cause issues if left like this?
That ‘Program’ in the startup tab in Task Manager is completely normal. It’s on every Windows 10 installation that I have completed. I’ve disabled it before, and it doesn’t seem to affect any of the software I use or the overall performance of the PC.

Edit: I would advise you to not mess with the registry steps mentioned in that guide. If you do not understand it, you could potentially ruin your system.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could do nothing, it is possibly a left over from removing teams, or from if you installed Office. just click on it and disable. Its not like it does anything there.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...location/7410e21b-a6b3-45a4-bdf6-04b5cb76956a

I don't have it on my windows 10 install
niPZuyE.jpg

win 11 on right, its properly named there. although I don't use it.

I would suggest you use Autoruns to stop it but I don't see it showing in there. Guess it is a Microsoft program, must be immune.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbartolo7