Hi all! my computer at every boot displays this, before the login screen:

t program not found skipping autocheck
o program not found skipping autocheck
c program not found skipping autocheck
* program not found skipping autocheck

where * is letter names ( like t ,o ,c ) but i cant remember them..
I tried chkdsk, nothing... From recovery console chkdsk, nothing... Repaired xp (like reinstall), nothing...

Why is this??? Any idea how to fix it?

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Also, the chkdsk always finds errors in the disk, and doesn't fix them. I considered to use fixmbr, but i am afraid to do it. Of course windows are working fine, but there are these problems...

Use your XP CD to boot the system and go through the process until you see the Repair option. At the Command Prompt, type chkdsk /r (including the space) and the /r switch will seek out error and fix them while the system isn't live so you get a better quality check than that which runs in the GUI. It's a five stage process and may take some time.

When you restart into XP, defragment the hard disk data just for good measure and use CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com to wipe the free space by ticking that option in the list of cleaning options. Again that will take quite a while in a large disk but it will give you a clean start.

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
I already had a repair. Dadiggle, no, nothing of these... I use pagedefrag , and i dont know if this creates any problems. Also, i thing that this happent after i did this:
After the clock showed 12 o clock, the first day of the new year, the cpu reached 100% without any reason, and i didn't see what application did it. After this i saw 2 dllhost and something like vscss.exe (i thing) and i terminated them (of course the dllhosts reappeared many times). The next day I turned on my pc i saw this program not found - skipping autocheck

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
I searched for this file, and i found it with the simple search of windows, and this file is somehow original file of window, i mean its not a virus or something.. I checked it in the site you told me and it was clean. The other guy that had the same problem in the other forum you said, had any luck???

That file (program) just looks at the hard drive(s) checking for the "dirty bit" determining if a chkdsk is needed (due to a bad shutdown). If you want to do a chkdsk, run it manually. This file missing is of little importance.

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
i don't have tweakui and adware in my system, nothing of these. I searched in registry for these values and I found nothing..

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Tigsounds, I remember, after i shut down the vscss.exe, the next day i boot and i saw these messages before the login, my computer did a chekdisk...

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Just found this in registry!!! I searched for "autocheck" and found this in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> ControlSet001 -> Control -> Session Manager :

a key named BootExecute (when I searched before, it didn't found it..) has the messages that appear before the login :

autocheck autochk *
autocheck
autocheck t
autocheck o
autocheck c
autocheck h
autocheck e
autocheck c
autocheck k
autocheck
autocheck p
autocheck g
autocheck d
autocheck f
autocheck g
autocheck s
autocheck v
autocheck c
autocheck
autocheck C
autocheck
autocheck 1

thats exacly what this key has!!

Why this happend, and what exactly to do with this key???

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Yes, always turn off windows updates (thats what i do always). Problem solved!!! I had to also delete the same lines from ContlolSet002. In the ControlSet it was fine

ControlSet001
ControlSet002
ControlSet

that's what was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Any idea why this happened, and why I have these duplicates (the ControlSet001 and 002 i thing that the are duplicates of the ControlSet)???

devanshuoza7

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

dude i followed ur instructions but still em gttng d same msg............:(