Question Program that is both 32 and 64 bit refuses to install as 64bit on a 64bit system

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
Hail all:

I have a system existing out of:
Hardware:
MSI B460 Tomahawk Mainboard
I5 10600K OC
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 3070 GPU
256GB system SSD (of which 64GB for Swap File/Virtual Memory)
16 TB on HDD Storage

Windows 10 Professional x64

Issue:
Since programs began to release a bi-x support (where x = x86 or x64) with a single installer (the logic beats me here), these nigh always installed/installs the 32bit version of said program, despite the hardware and OS environment is 100% 64bit.

This irritates me, having Aspergers, since the logic here is inexistent: the program HAS to install the 64bit version when it can, except when you make an exception (though I do not get why one should do this: 32bit programs are hindered by 32bit limitations, such as RAM assigning).

One of these issues, in particular, I have is with the Perfect Disk Pro installer.
This features both versions under a single installer (this installer probably is a container that has both version installer exes inside), but it fails to detect the 64bit environment, thus reverts to 32bit installation.
How do I know?
Well, during the installation, it points to the C:\Program Files (x86) path.
Not something a 64bit program would do, is it.

Question:
Is there a way, through maybe a Batch file command, or creating a reg key (or heck, maybe even the batch file needing the reg key (as in: the batch file orders the installer, but first installs a reg key to allow or enable "forced 64bit installation") to force the damn thing to install the included 64bit version?
If yes, how do I do this?

Thank you very much:
Ben

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
https://www.start64.com/index.php/64-bit-software/drive-utilities/1856-perfectdisk-professional
Here it began, went to the Raxco.com site, as you said it is not said per se that it is also x64 effectively.
Now, went to see further on, and other sites too say that the program has both versions in the same installer:
Other similar sites as well speak of 64bit version...

Normally I would have contacted Raxco with this question, but I had been in a situation before (asking if I could make an actual OFFLINE Defrag stick), and it took more than a whole week to get a reply...
Hoped to have help here a lot faster...

Sir, thank you very much.
I will bring my question to Raxco, and I'll pray for a faster answer this time.

Thank you!!!

rgd1101

Don't
3rd party site. nothing on Raxco.com itself?

could be like their other product
https://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk-pro#faqs
Does PerfectGuard have a 64-bit installation program?
PerfectGuard only has a single downloadable installer package for both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. The PerfectGuard GUI process is 32-bit, but the kernel drivers are 64-bit on 64-bit Windows. The only side effect is that the binaries are placed in the 32-bit directory ("Program Files (x86)" on Windows x64). To install PerfectGuard , simply download the setup file of the latest version and run the installer package; it will automatically select the appropriate edition of PerfectGuard.

Reactions: Benedictus

Benedictus

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2012
3rd party site. nothing on Raxco.com itself?

could be like their other product
https://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk-pro#faqs
Yeah.
Now, waiting for Raxco to react, but it sure could be like that.

In the past though (Went for a year to Defraggler, but I am not too happy with it) I had a DP_Pro_64.MSI, which installed to Program Files.
In TaskMan it showed up as 64bit...

We'll see what they'll tell me. :)

Nice one, sir.