[SOLVED] Programs and Explorer reacts slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2021
Hi friends and good evening
I have a problem with my pc and looking for opinions

Problem = My programs take relatively long time to start, explorer folder contents take relatively long time to load, and there is some stutter in games which should perform fine.

I have did what I can with my pc(I'm no pro), ran all kinds of recommended program from bleepingcomputer
I tried to repair Windows and Mozilla, ran rootkit scan and adware/spyware virus removal
sfc/scannow and dism healthcheck

WhySoSlow tells me that Application responsiveness and Kernel responsiveness is poor AND SMBIOS response has problem.
This could be the reason?...But
Could someone help me how to fix this...? ;-) I would be veryy grateful.

I can run checks and post logs if needed to.
Much in gratitude, Captain

my pc
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7-8700K Coffee Lake
Asustek Rog Strix Z370-F
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
RAM 16GT
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA ) 29 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA ) 27 °C
953GB TEAM T253X2001T (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Mar 20, 2021
how full is the ssd?
check cpu temp?
Hi and thanks for replying :)
My main ssd where windows is located 256gt which have ~22gt of free space.
Temperatures are considered ok, there is no problem there(current is 32 celsius).
I updated now BIOS(I had of 2018 build) and ran whysoslow again!
It tells now only this:
"The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 138 microseconds. This is considered poor behavior. Your system may have difficulty handling multimedia in real-time and may be subject to unexpected stutters and unresponsive behavior."
And the result is so(response times long)

Mar 20, 2021
malware scan the system?
I used ESET to scan the system, Wise 365 and Mbytes(+TDDSkiller and Rkill)
No results found.

This:
"The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 1,927 ms. This value is considered poor, your system is likely to have difficult processing tasks in real-time. Note that this value says does not say anything about your overall system performance. More info.."

By WhySoSlow..

What to do friend? :(
I found no results from Internet telling what does this mean, either than SMBIOS responsiveness.

Nightmare837

Prominent
Mar 20, 2021
I used ESET to scan the system, Wise 365 and Mbytes(+TDDSkiller and Rkill)
No results found.

This:
"The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 1,927 ms. This value is considered poor, your system is likely to have difficult processing tasks in real-time. Note that this value says does not say anything about your overall system performance. More info.."

By WhySoSlow..

What to do friend? :(
I found no results from Internet telling what does this mean, either than SMBIOS responsiveness.
Do CrystalDiskMark test.

Mar 20, 2021
Ok, cheers. Can someone who has knowledge explain what does this mean:

"The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 138 microseconds. This is considered poor behavior. Your system may have difficulty handling multimedia in real-time and may be subject to unexpected stutters and unresponsive behavior."

I need it in order to understand and interpret.

And if this means there is a fault in hardware, in which part it most likely would be?
And if this means there is a fault in software, in which part it most likely would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.