Question Programs and games keep crashing, windows keeps lagging

danillya123456

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Ok so my computer recently has been crashing and lagging and the programs and games have been running slow. Every time I wanna do something I can’t cause my computer just keeps lagging and sometimes it goes black screen then comes back on. Like doesnt turn off but just black screen. Sometimes I get somethings to open and it acts normal in a game of “Total War” for example, but not all the time, as in IMMEDIATELY of me tabbing out of my game my computer starts lagging and my computer keeps freezing . My computer is really good (with all the work I’ve done saving up money) All of my drivers were updated and I thought it was because of my hard drive. I had a 7200RPM 1TB hard drive for about 4-5 years and I believed it was the time for a new one.

So I got a 1TB WD Blue SSD

Now, my rig is

CPU- Ryzen 5 2600 @3.8
GPU-Zotac RTX 2060
MB- MSI X370 Gaming pro carbon
RAM- 16GB FlareX 3000MHZ
Storage 1x1TB WD Blue SSD
PSU- EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze

That’s my rig and I feel like my power supply is less optimal for a some what demanding PC.
I think I need to buy a new PSU
Please let me know if you got your computer like this before and tell me how to or how you fixed it.
Give me recommendations on what to do

It’s really be annoying just to play on my computer but no games want to open, computer when it’s booted into windows keeps lagging and freezing.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You've got too many seperate issues for that to be just 1 fix. Lagging and freezing at boot up wouldn't play much with the gpu affecting power draw from the psu, the whole pc should run smooth as a baby's butt on less than 250w.

Start with getting the latest bios and chipset drivers. Clean the pc with ccleaner from piriform.com, also use the registry tool (default settings) say Yes when asked to save a copy. Run one after the other a couple times.

If you haven't already, run malwarebytes AND an anti-virus scan.

Press Windows key + X to open advanced menu, choose Command Prompt (Admin), then type SFC /SCANNOW and if there's any system file corruption that'll fix it.

Download a fresh copy of gpu drivers and save to desktop. Use driver deleter utility (DDU) from guru3d.com to uninstall the graphics drivers, then install from the desktop copy.

All of that should get your windows straight. If you have issues after all that, then it's time to start looking at hardware, because software/drivers aren't the issue.

Reactions: danillya123456

danillya123456

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
You've got too many seperate issues for that to be just 1 fix. Lagging and freezing at boot up wouldn't play much with the gpu affecting power draw from the psu, the whole pc should run smooth as a baby's butt on less than 250w.

Start with getting the latest bios and chipset drivers. Clean the pc with ccleaner from piriform.com, also use the registry tool (default settings) say Yes when asked to save a copy. Run one after the other a couple times.

Press Windows key + X to open advanced menu, choose Command Prompt (Admin), then type SFC /SCANNOW and if there's any system file corruption that'll fix it.

Download a fresh copy of gpu drivers and save to desktop. Use driver deleter utility (DDU) from guru3d.com to uninstall the graphics drivers, then install from the desktop copy.

All of that should get your windows straight. If you have issues after all that, then it's time to start looking at hardware, because software/drivers aren't the issue.
I’ll try it thank you

danillya123456

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

It never ever used to do this though my computer was perfectly fine st one point then after I woke up I turned on my computer and it started acting like that. That’s when I changed out my hard drive for a SSD. I appreciate the long list of fixes and I’ll try them out

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All it takes is a single byte of corrupted data in the wrong area, one that doesn't normally get over-written, and it'll create all kinds of headaches. Hopefully between the bios, chipset, gpu drivers and a general cleaning out of the trash files and orphans, it'll fix any software glitches or issues. If it doesn't, at least you are starting from a pretty solid base, barring a full windows reinstall, to start chasing down hardware problems.

danillya123456

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
All it takes is a single byte of corrupted data in the wrong area, one that doesn't normally get over-written, and it'll create all kinds of headaches. Hopefully between the bios, chipset, gpu drivers and a general cleaning out of the trash files and orphans, it'll fix any software glitches or issues. If it doesn't, at least you are starting from a pretty solid base, barring a full windows reinstall, to start chasing down hardware problems.
Well I did everything and updated my bios too and it’s still like this and I checked Yoder my cpu and there is a tiny tiny tiny bit of thermal paste on the pins o_O you think thermal paste on the pins (previously pre-applied by stock
Cooler) could cause this?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Possibly. There's more than just power and ground in those pins, most are actually data responsible, and if 1 pin coming from 1 core happens to be a dead end because of data blockage by paste layer, something isn't going to get its data, whether it's data in or data out. Missing data bytes will create instability.

TRENDING THREADS