Programs cant run other programs?

awddabfg

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Some while ago i downloaded a file containing some pretty bad adware, and it was downloading more adware while my pc was running, so i read some guide online, and one of the steps in the tutorial was changing some windows setting. I cant remember where, but it changed the prmissions of programs so that they couldn't execute a ton of stuff, and forced me to do almost everything manually.

This made it so that a lot of programs cant run together.

I cant open links from services such as skype or discord, nor can i open documents and stuff directly form my browser.

So far i've tried to reset the security settings on my pc, but this didnt help.

I'll elaborate if needed, im pretty sure i've explained this poorly lol

Solution
You could try a reset, you will lose all your programs but if you choose keep files and settings you can keep your library folders. It shouldn't touch other drives attached.

I am not sure if it will work as the settings it remembers may include the permissions you have changed.

If it doesn't work, copy all your library folders onto a USB and then run reset again but tell it to wipe everything. If this fails cause of permissions, your only alternative might be a fresh install.

ON another PC, download this and create a Win 10 installer on USB or DVD: win 10 media creation tool

Copy everything off the hdd you want to keep, fresh install may ask to wipe entire drive.
change boot order in pc so USB or DVD first, hdd second...

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could try a reset, you will lose all your programs but if you choose keep files and settings you can keep your library folders. It shouldn't touch other drives attached.

I am not sure if it will work as the settings it remembers may include the permissions you have changed.

If it doesn't work, copy all your library folders onto a USB and then run reset again but tell it to wipe everything. If this fails cause of permissions, your only alternative might be a fresh install.

ON another PC, download this and create a Win 10 installer on USB or DVD: win 10 media creation tool

Copy everything off the hdd you want to keep, fresh install may ask to wipe entire drive.
change boot order in pc so USB or DVD first, hdd second
Boot installer
follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution