Question Programs disappearing to background processes

Dec 4, 2019
Hello!

Sorry if this problem has been encountered before and solved but I couldn't find any topics on it.

So recently I built a system with AMD Ryzen 7 3800x and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super.
The problem I have is since I installed the windows, randomly like once every 2 3 days, say for instance I'm in a game, it just randomly disappears, still being able to hear the sound, If I try alt-tabbing it's not visible anymore, neither does the icon appear in the taskbar. After further investigation I found out that in taks manager, the programs that disappear are being sent to the background processes tab. Also when this happens, I usually try to run google chrome and search for the problem. I can't even type like 4 words before the windows disappears just like the game. Every open window I click on disappears as well.

A weird thing I found out is that there's a mozilla firefox icon in the taskbar sometimes when this happens, with a weird name like "ucajwquihdiHDIH" always different. Could it be a virus of some sort or might it be a software conflict? I ran sfc scannow but it didn't find any problems.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sergosu

TRENDING THREADS