Programs missing or uninstalled

HTxNefarious

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I had an ssd and hard drive in my computer. The ssd didn't have enough space so i got another hard drive. I cloned the first hard drive(the one with all my programs etc...) over to the new 2tb hard drive after that, I cloned the ssd (has the os on it) to the first hard drive that had all the programs on it before 500gb. I restarted my computer and set it to boot from the 500gb and then I remove the ssd. When it launched some of programs wouldn't launch. My main programs worked (Steam, Skype had to re-install chrome.) But the Geforce Experience( Graphic driver wouldn't launch.) this happened with other programs as well. I was just going to use my computer normally and re-install the programs as I needed them.

Solution

That is the best option, a clean install. Getting rid of all your problems at once. :)
Good luck with the clean install on the SSD!

Dec 17, 2013
Some program's have to be re-installed.
You just can't "clone" program's over to another HDD / SSD.
With cloning I thought you meant backing up your SSD to your HDD.
You have to re-install the program's, that is the best idea you can do, only files such as Notepad, Word, Excel are able to get "cloned" over to a other HDD / SSD without malfunctioning or missing components.

If you have any more burning questions, ask them!
Hope this has helped you!

Regards,

HTxNefarious

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

Im just going to do a clean install of windows over the weekend or wait till i get my larger ssd and clean install then.

Dec 17, 2013

That is the best option, a clean install. Getting rid of all your problems at once. :)
Good luck with the clean install on the SSD!

Solution

HTxNefarious

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

Yeah I just did a clean install and it also fix my LoL problem (Black screen after hitting play). It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Maybe 2 1/2 hours.