Programs not showing in search or uninstall list after system restore

craglyboy

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help. Basically I have had to perform a system restore/refresh and chose to keep my files. When windows rebooted up the login issues I was having were gone but I now can't find my programs in the normal way I could.

I can go into the file explorer and find the program I want to run and it will run, and steam has found all my games and will play them without reinstalling. But if I type in the search bar nothing appears for the program, if I go to start>all apps none of my apps appear and if I go to add/remove software none appear there either. I looked in the registry but there are only programs there that were installed after the restore.

What I am asking is there anyway to force the windows to see these programs again as they all work like they did before the refresh, it's just a ball ache finding them.

Solution
If these programs were installed after the date of the restore point, that could explain it. For example if you installed something in May and used a restore point created in April, anything installed after the date of the restore point would be affected.

Good luck.
If these programs were installed after the date of the restore point, that could explain it. For example if you installed something in May and used a restore point created in April, anything installed after the date of the restore point would be affected.

Good luck.

Solution