Question programs not working after rolling back to windows 10

Roboticdork

Reputable
Nov 24, 2019
(a quick background I was trying out windows 11 it was working fine until my desktop keeps freezing and i couldn't interact with it so i rolled back to windows 10 when a new problem started)

some of my programs that i use(steam, discord and browsers) have been crashing constantly or have slow boot time and in some cases "screen/image tearing" but it only happens in the program and not any where else. if i use any chromium browsers and visit a website it will crash and if the website is bit more complicated or has a lot of moving parts it will crash constantly, Firefox is the only browser that is not effected heavily but it still crashes on some websites. and when it comes to steam i have to click it 20 times to get it to run and when it does run it will crash same thing will happen when i try downloading games making it almost impossible to install new games and the games that are already install will also crash after a few minutes in. now here comes the confusing part when i use the epic games launcher it works fine outside of some images keep tearing and viewing videos will causes the launcher to flicker, besides those problem downloading, playing games and booting/interact with the launcher works fine and the same thing with Battle Net.

now. i have tried most of the basic when it comes to troubleshooting from installing drivers, to uninstalling programs. i made sure my gpu and ram were in all the way, i have used windows cmd, i even did a OS reset and nothing helped.

PC specs:
ryzen 9 7900x
asus ko rtx 3070
g.skill trident z5 neo 32gb
msi mpg b650 edge

dave.rara66

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
Once you went to Windows 11 the system likely installed new program drivers for the new operating system. Now that you rolled back, you may need to delete/reinstall the problemed programs to make sure you have the correct Win 10 drivers.

TRENDING THREADS