Question Programs on a SSD are slow to load up on fresh startup

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I just built a new computer with a 120 GB Kingston SSD as the boot drive, I also installed some smaller programs on the Solid State Drive. Such as, "Spotify, Steam, Origin, etc." .You would assume it would load up fast, as my laptop that has a 240 GB SSD loads programs instantly on new startups. But for my Gaming PC, the program pictures are like a white folder and I have to wait a few minutes to load up the picture so then I can click it and it loads up instantly. It's not like the SPEED of the SSD is not there, it's just upon startup it always does this, unless I log out then log in or restart. I really don't have much else to explain then it being white for 4 Minutes then it can load, Windows boots fast and after this situation happens it opens everything fast like a regular SSD. I don't know what is going on, and it's annoying the heck out of me. Maybe Fast Boot? Maybe Faulty SATA?

Have you looked at your Startup programs? Have you checked Device Manager for drivers you might need? How long has it been since you first booted Windows? If it's only been a few days, Windows may be downloading updates, and that will stop after a little time. Another possibility is that sometimes when you boot up, your antivirus can do a scan.

nospecgamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
It's been 1 Month since first boot, I just realized that I haven't updated Windows. I have a Non-Activated Windows Key, so it doesn't update itself. Might be the problem, I barely have any startup programs except for Steam and some System Required Programs.