Question Programs randomly freezing for 10-30 seconds?

Quantum_Jonny

Reputable
May 8, 2016
Hi,

Now i know this issue is pretty broad but just thought i'd get some advice on what sort of component i should be looking at/changing.
Here are my PC specs
MSI GTX 950 2GD5

AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad-Core 3.7GHz 4MB

Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB SATA lll

HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz

GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XN-WIFI

Not the best but not the worst i guess. Well it takes a good 5 mins to start up, and for a good 6 months when im using multiple programs, (Spotify/chrome/steam ) i get loads of freezes, but only isolated to the program, when im looking on task manager and cpu-z everything looks normal. the only think i had to change on the BIOS is that the default voltage was too low for the RAM so had to up it to around 1.7. Im a bit of an noob with computers, but im thinking it could be a power issue or insufficient cooling on the CPU?

Thanks in advance

JT

Fix_that_Glitch

Prominent
Mar 31, 2019
Try doing a memory diagnostic test. See if it comes up with any problems. Have you used ccleaner to clean up your hd? Click on your hd and go to properties and run check now, to see if it is ok it may be failing. When was the last time you looked to see if your hd needs defragging? Your memory runs at 1.5 volts. Check you device driver and go down the list and check for any driver updates.

ASK THE COMMUNITY