[SOLVED] Programs refuse to open for a while, then all boot at once (On first boot)

Feb 15, 2020
After having built a new computer, and installing windows - everything has seemed pretty smooth and robust.

However - any time the computer is turned on: some programs I attempt to open on my M.2 drive just outright wont open. They actually don't even have an icon assiosated with them. Instead they have the default, blank page icon to indicate the system doesn't know what type of file it is.

When opening these files, nothing happens; until a distinctive notification sound to alert me a new device has been regonized then all the applications I've attempted to boot come up at once. Then windows runs smoothly, no issues. As it should on an NVME.

Solution
FINAL UPDATE

Issue (seems) to be fixed. I did this by installing new drivers for Intel Rapid Storage (?)
And enabling Intel Storage Tech in my bios settings
Feb 15, 2020
full system spec?
fresh windows 10 install for this new computer?
CPU and GPU temperature?

Full computer specs

Hard Drives
BOOT: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2
STORAGE: WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA - 1 TB
SPARE: Kingston SSD

Main Components
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz (OC to 5ghz)
COOLER: Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 3x 8G
GPU RISER: LINKUP [30 cm PCIE 3.0 16x Shielded Twin-axial PCI Express Riser
BOARD: Aorus Z390 AORUS PRO
PSU: Corsair RM750, RM Series

Other
CASE: Corsair Crystal Series 680X
PASTE: ARCTIC MX-4

Temperatures
HEAVY LOAD (EFT / Witcher 3 / 3dMark / GTAV)

Never surpasses 65c

Windows was an entirely fresh install - another note is that all apps will not boot until a distintive sound plays, the same sound when any device is plugged into the computer.

Also - none of the RGB actually goes into its iCue configured settings until this sound plays either.

Feb 15, 2020
latest bios?
test in safe mode?
any apps having issue or only the one install on the WD?

It seems its just the WD drive - as if it isn't working propperly.
Any applications on it I attempt to open, simply refuse to run.

But eventually, they all pop up and after that point - for the rest of the boot, everything works perfectly.

Latest bios, - likely not. I didn't update it when I got it running. I heard it might not be entirely safe to do so?

iCue is on my WD drive, so that also explains why after the new device detected noise - my case lighting also enables propperly.

I'm going to try reseating the wd drive now.

Feb 15, 2020
FINAL UPDATE

Issue (seems) to be fixed. I did this by installing new drivers for Intel Rapid Storage (?)
And enabling Intel Storage Tech in my bios settings

Solution