Programs stop opening after a while then Win7 freezes

Sep 4, 2018
Hello. About 7 or 8 days ago, I was playing Rainbow Six Siege. During the match the game froze. I went into Task Manager to end it which removed it from my screen but the process did not end. Other processes could be ended.

Then I noticed any program I run wouldn't open. Even a mp3 file wouldn't. The cursor would buffer then nothing. I look in Task Manager and the process is there but nothing opens up. Spotify was usually open and worked fine; unless I tried to relaunch it. Discord works then sometimes it would freeze and disconnect me. I opened Firefox and Chrome and I can't connect to anything even if my Internet is fine.

I started to mess with Windows, like Volume Mixer or Shut down. Volume Mixer never opens nor does pressing the Network sharing icon at the bottom right. The computer refuses to shut down and starts to freeze if I try accessing too many Windows options. So I force shut down by my towers button.

The only game I've played is Siege, haven't tested other ones. Now the computer is doing it right away when I log into desktop. I'm doing this in Safe mode right now. I did a chkdsk and sfc scannow with no issues. Drivers should be fine. No malware detections from av or malwarebytes.

My rig is 6 years old and in all that time the only thing I had to replace was the GPU. I don't think the ssd is failing, there are no noises coming from it and it usually loaded fine. I'm thinking that my OS is corrupted somehow. System Restore will NOT work. I had a good restore point on 8/21/2018 with barely any changed software I could of used it but it wouldn't work. Then for whatever reason almost all restore points were deleted.

I don't know what to do. Open to ideas. Here are my specs.
M5uqYKV.png

So it works 'fine' in safe mode?

Go back into Speccy and access the storage section. Expand the S.M.A.R.T. attributes for each storage device. Anything amiss?

If it seems to be ok in safemode, but not in normal boot mode, it would suggest a driver, or some excessive load on the normal system that isn't present in safemode.

Sep 4, 2018

Everything says Good in green. I'd post a pic but snipping tool won't open. Also I'm in normal boot and for whatever reason Chrome is working but Firefox won't open or connect. Discord crashed. Programs won't open.

Sep 4, 2018

First time disabling any Services in msconfig. The problem stopped but I don't know which service stopped it and which I need to enable.

Sep 4, 2018

I started disabling services that I didn't need but, I thought about Malwarebytes. There was an issue before where games that I were playing had this constant single stutter and it was Malwarebytes. I'm pretty sure it was a bad update that time. This time I rebooted, logged in and immediately quit MB. Now the issue went away. I'll go ahead onto the MB forum and try to find a fix. Thanks for helping camieabz.

**Edit* It was a conflict between Avast Real Site protection and MB Web Protection.