Programs Stop Responding After I Start My PC.

Bakayo2

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
Whenever I turn on my computer, and open League of Legends, or Counter Strike Global Offensive the program just stops working and I have to close it then open it again and it will work. The process takes about 5-10mins to close even if i end task by task manager it wont close immediately.

The initial problem was that I would just suddenly lose audio from time to time, and figured it was my audio driver that has a problem, so I reinstalled my audio driver, computer restarted after the driver was installed and windows also had a few updates. Everything seemed well until I played my youtube playlist on chrome, and when it's suppose to play the next song the youtube tab would just freeze but the songs will still keep playing until eventually chrome would not open at all. I uninstalled it and would not install again so I just decided to use firefox. Youtube and other stuff is going fine. (all this happened yesterday)

Today I turned on my computer and the event happened where League and CSGO would not work right away. The first time (when i woke up this morning) I tried it on league and that happened, then i figured maybe that's just for league. Later in the afternoon I turned on my computer and that happened for CSGO, and just tonight i tried league again and the not responding still happens.

I am not sure if this happened because of the driver, or the windows update, or because windows 10 is just crappy (I am thinking of maybe reinstalling the driver again if it might help, but want peoples opinions first). My computer is about a month old, and I hate to see this happening for a computer that costs me $1300+. I am not sure if this is relevant but I will post my computer specs.

Well, my screen turned black for one second and I got the message, Display Driver AMD stopped working and has successfully recovered. (about 4 hours from posting this original forum question)

Motherboard : MSI Gaming 5 LGA1150
Processor: Intel i7-4790k
GPU: Sapphire R9 390X
RAM: GSkill Sniper 2x8GB 1866
PSU: 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Gold+
HDD, SSD: 1TB Seagate, and 240GB OCZ

Ralston18

Titan
Bakayo2,

As best you can run perfmon /res and start monitoring your event logs and system behavior. May take a bit of watching to determine what is going on. Be consistent and take notes /screen shots if possible.

Watch for errors or events preceding or initiating the freeze ups etc.

Check that nothing is overheating - e.g., the CPU or GPA.

Could be that the problem occurs and never gets to correct itself fully because of other events. For example some attempt do a automatic download and update in the background. Perhaps some corrupted fle is just messing things up....

The event logs and perfmon may provide some relevant information.

Post accordingly.

Bakayo2

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
I reinstalled my sound driver last night and everything went well again, those 2 programs run after start up, however, they started getting the same problem this afternoon and i don't know why.

Nothing else is opened besides those two when this happens, the CPU is in normal temp (around low 40s) when this happens. I am also able to use firefox normally while waiting for it to unfreeze.

Ralston18

Titan
The 2 programs being LOL and CSGO - correct?

Look at the event logs right after startup when LOL and CSGO are okay. Keep the event monitor on in a separate, open window. Do things as you usually do and check the logs right after the problem occurs.

You may need to look through various logs to find an entry correlating to the failure(s).

Also, looking back, are you sure that your PSU (750w) is enough to keep up with the load? Spec's indicate that the Sapphire R9 390X alone, requires 275 watts.....

Low power can cause all sorts of problems. Total up all the component requirements and see how close you are to 750 watts. May not be a problem but would like to eliminate that for sure.

Bakayo2

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
I am not sure by what you meant perfmon/res, event monitor, and event logs. I have opened event logs and it isn't really making much sense on how to use it.

According to the Sapphire website it requires about 375W, and has a suggestion of a 750W PSU which I went with. According to some PSU calculation I only need a 650W one.

Ralston18

Titan
Good - will set aside the PSU power concern barring other information.

As for perfmon /res that is run at the command prompt.

FYI:

http://www.windowscommandline.com/perfmon/

Task Manager can be very helpful as well.

As for the event logs they tend to be helpful mostly after you have watched them for awhile. Lots going on and once you have a sense of what is "normal" then the "unusual" events will stand out. Warnings and fatal things are flagged. For the most part look for events timestamped just before or at the time of the problem. You can also do some sorting to help focus in on any entry or entries of interest. Open the logs in another window and watch while you do things.

Just a bit of "googling" will often find explanations of what is shown. Especially for error codes.

Could be something has failed and the logs may support a warranty claim.

Mostly a matter of time and patience at first.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay.

Here is a link that I found by searching on the error message you quoted:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-failed-to-connect-w-window-service/5c5dfa2f-c02a-48d1-b737-feaa4e0247a9?auth=1

Found some other links as well but I tend to start with Microsoft and go from there.

Should give you a pretty good start towards either resolving the issue or learning more about it at least.

For the moment not really able to give a more targeted answer - another forum member may be able to offer some more direct suggestions.