[SOLVED] Programs take a long time to open, but only after a trigger I can't figure out. Been trying to fix this for months ?

Corebela

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Windows 10
Asus Tuf gaming x570 plus (wifi), most recent BIOS firmware (4002)
Ryzen 5600x
RTX 2060 (most recent driver)
DDR4 3600mhz
NVMe Samsung 970 Evo (system drive)

A few months ago programs started to take varying amounts of time, as much as 30 seconds, maybe more, to start opening. Mostly games do this, but also emulators. This only starts after some time of the PC being on. I have tried to figure out what causes it to start for months. I cannot figure it out no matter what I do. Almost everything else opens normally at all times. I looked at resource monitor to compare and there is nothing different between the times when everything is opening instantly as they should, and when they suddenly start taking a long time. All I can see if that they just sit there in list of things in memory, but seemingly not loading into memory, as they normally do almost instantly. They suddenly start loading into memory after that waiting time I mentioned at the beginning on the post.

Like I said, this only happens after a trigger that I can't figure out. It's sometimes days after booting, usually hours, and rarely in minutes but still happens.
It happens regardless of whether a program is loading from my NVMe drive, or my sata SSD.

I've tried everything short of replacing hardware. Temps make no difference and everything works perfectly until it doesn't, so I assume it is not a hardware problem, but it could be, I'm no expert after all. Even reinstalling Windows 10 after reformatting my drive didn't help.
Turned off all Windows security features, made no difference. I tried increasing page file size, and disabling it entirely. No difference. I tried updating drivers all over the place, and reinstalling them, no difference. I tried reseating my RAM and GPU today, no difference. I tried chaning all sorts of BIOS options, and using the default options when I updated the firmware. Guess what? No difference. I may have tried other things, I can't remember what off the top of my head, but none of it ever made any difference at all.

Oh I just remembered, today I tried opening a bunch of programs and websites one after the other after restarting to see if its triggered by simply opening things. It did cause it after a couple minutes surprisingly. This was only way I could ever trigger it. But it also happened once almost right after restarting without doing anything.
I also did a test with 2 different emulators (because they are easiest to test) Dolphin and Ryujinx. Dolphin took 10 seconds to open (normally instant). Ryujinx took 30 seconds to open. Another weird thing is that this problem also causes dolphin to take another 20 seconds to close (normally instant). Very very weird. Everything else closes instantly.

This whole thing is the strangest most impossible to solve problem I have ever had with my PC. I've never had an issue that carried over to a new Windows install like this, while also not seeming like a hardware issue, while also totally seeming like a hardware issue at the same time.

Extra thoughts: I thought it was caused by Windows update at first, but now I don't know. It started around the same time as a bluetooth issue that is seemingly unrelated, but who knows. Bluetooth controllers used to work fine with minimal latency, with 2 controllers at once. Now, latency is increased, and jumps up a lot randomly when using 2 at once. After typing this all out, it feels hopeless and realize I may just need new hardware. But which hardware is the question.... I just bought this motherboard 7 months ago.

Good god someone help it's driving me nuts

Solution
sorry I am so used too using it forget sometimes generally if you click on the cog icon bottom left and then update centre in the middle and check for updates right hand side it will look for updates for whole system hardware related. Hope this helps
sorry I am so used too using it forget sometimes generally if you click on the cog icon bottom left and then update centre in the middle and check for updates right hand side it will look for updates for whole system hardware related. Hope this helps

Solution

Corebela

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Oh I see now. Yeah all is up to date it says