Status
Not open for further replies.

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hi I finally decided to say goodbye to windows 7. I have an extremely fast custrom gaming system and I should have no problems Intalling Programs to my SSD but Windows 10 is definetly Taking Forever compaired to the Windows 7 Opperating system so far with this Windows installation everything seemed to go flawlessly?

Whats the deal then?

Ive notice it after install.. For instance I downloaded Playstaion now and it took 15 min to install where as The Windows 7 took a few minutes if that. With what sounded like the cpu doing the normal clicking sound that you would expect from the CPU but theres definetly no signs of what the problem could be.

so is this a common problem?
In advance thank you very much!!!

Hi,

First - be patient.

If You are doing a fresh install, You must do the following before anything else:

Every time one has a new Windows (due to a new computer or a fresh Windows installation), do the following:

1. Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows update => Search for updates.
If updates is being installed, just wait and restart the computer when it says so.

2. Repeat until there are no more updates. It could take several hours.

3. Restart the computer again and check for Windows updates and restart.

4. Install the manufacturers drivers and restart.

5. Run Windows update again and restart.
The reason is that it might be som older drivers being installed before and very important to install these first and sometimes (very often actually) the manufacturer has released WHQL drivers to the Windows database, and therefore the latest hardware driver will be installed from Windows update.

It will take some time but after every Windows updates and latest build are installed - I can promise You - You will be more than satisfied!
Windows 10 is absolute way better than Windows seven, in many respects, not to mention gaming - especially its support for DirectX12...

If You hab´ve any questions regarding this, please don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards from Sweden

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hi thank you for the reply I'm Talking about the installation of 3rd party apps and programs, such as games and even minor apps like 7zip for example. the windows 7 operating system was way faster I'm just hoping its not a sign my SSD is starting to go KAPUT. please any help would be greatful.

Hi my friend.

Your SSD is Not going Kaputt!

It's merely a very poor Windows installation, with a a'lot of third party s/w installations.

Get rid of all such things, and You will discover a new era...
A Samsung SSD, especially any kind from 850 and forward - will never have any problem in the foreseeable future (at least not between 5-10 years depending om model).
Best regards, from Sweden

Hi,
No, the notification turned on or off will not in any signification make any differences.
That is not the main problem,
Best regards from Sweden

Hi, You are saying that at measly 32GB caused this problem for you?
Ok. If that is the case, then it must have been a process in the background that either write or read data simultaneously together with the normal disc access.

This has nothing at all to do with the SSD-problem for TS (ThreadStarter) as much as it has to do with a background process that affects it all.

Or I am missing something here, in that case I apologize. :??:
Best regards from Sweden

Colif

Win 11 Master
SSD can fail, I have seen Evo die (Not personally, but on here). Try running AS SSD on the drive and see what scores you get.

Here is a recent one of mine:
yk4PwRk.png

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
haha you guys are hilarious lol... Well I havent' been installing anymore programs since the windows install, I just think windows 10 is buggy because I'm playing skyrimSSE on steriods with mods and the computers doing fine except for the occasional start menu disappearing once in awhile but not enough to warrant a complete wipe. thanks guys!!!!

Thank you.
I take that Your question now has been solved?

The more precise input into a question, an answer to that question will be more accurate or at least perhaps in the neighborhoods.
Best regards from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.