[SOLVED] "Progress Code A6 (SCSI Detect)" prevents me from accessing BIOS ?

cecchfab

Commendable
Jan 6, 2020
Hello Nice Folks 😉

I Have the following problem that i tried to solve for a few days now.

First of all my specs:

MoBo: MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX (MS-7D50)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: ASUS RTX 3090 EKWB
RAM: 4x 8GB DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800 DDR4 SDRAM UDIMM

After a windows clean install i cant acess my Bios anymore. I can normally boot in to windows and everything works fine but when i smash the "del" key to enter bios during startup the MoBo shows "Progress Code A6 (SCSI Detect)" and nothing happens anymore (Black screen). When i restart by shutting down my PC everything works fine.
During Startup the MoBo Shows the Progress Code 64 (CPU DXE Initialization (CPU Module specific) or the Progress Code 9C (USB Detect) but it lets me boot to Windows and again everything works fine.

I really have no clue how to solve this, here is a list of things i tried without being successful:

• clear CMOS
  • Update all drivers (Chipset, GPU, Audio, Ethernet, ...)
  • Uninstall and Reinstall USB-Devices (now i dont get the 9C Progress Code anymore)
  • check if everything is plugged in well and correctly on my MoBo
  • unplugged and changed Keyboard / Mouse
  • Access BIOS from Windows UEFI Firmware Settings (Windows advanced Startup)
  • System Restore
As i said, before the W10 clean Install everything worked fine (BIOS and OS) but after the clean install i cant access the BIOS anymore but Windows works just fine.
Would love some help because i cant set my custom Fan curve and im running hot over here :D.

Thank you very much for all the Answers 😄

Cheers
Cecchfab

Solution
try clearing CMOS through jumper (clear cmos pins)
if that doesnt help, download latest bios from mainboard download page, even if you have same version, it wont matter
extract bios image from zip file and place it on USB stick, you should be able to enter bios flash mode with ctrl+F5 key even without entering bios (when PC powers up), reflash bios with freshly downloaded bios image
try clearing CMOS through jumper (clear cmos pins)
if that doesnt help, download latest bios from mainboard download page, even if you have same version, it wont matter
extract bios image from zip file and place it on USB stick, you should be able to enter bios flash mode with ctrl+F5 key even without entering bios (when PC powers up), reflash bios with freshly downloaded bios image

Solution

TRENDING THREADS