Project Ara To Use SolidEnergy's Revolutionary Battery Technology In 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunbuster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And here I was hoping to see ugly and buggy customized phones sometime this year. Project Ara, doing "Coming Soon" even better than Microsoft.

legokangpalla

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I'd hate to rain on Solid Energy's parade-in fact I want to encourage them, the battery comparison image above is a bit exaggertated. You are comparing a single battery cell with no add on to other battery packs which contains protect circuit boards, battery management system, and other extras that makes them bigger physically.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I also don't think that this tech will be limited to Project Ara devices. When improved batteries are developed, all device manufacturers will use them.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I'm eager to see the types of pricing manufacturer are going to want for Project Ara components.. I have a feeling they're going to be pricey.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Finally useful & ready for commercial use battery tech! I don't know about pricing but it will be a must have for phone makers pushing ridiculous display resolutions on they big phablets.

Alex Atkin UK

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
The million dollar question though is how spectacular do these batteries explode when overheated or punctured?

One of the biggest limitations for battery capacity is keeping them safe. The greater their storage density, the more spectacular they explode if they overheat or get punctured.

I assume they have a plan though seeing as automotive batteries in particular have to be crash resistant.

Alex Atkin UK

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
The million dollar question though is how spectacular do these batteries explode when overheated or punctured?

One of the biggest limitations for battery capacity is keeping them safe. The greater their storage density, the more spectacular they explode if they overheat or get punctured.

I assume they have a plan though seeing as automotive batteries in particular have to be crash resistant.

GarvSharma

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Good to see that really awesome project just watched some devcon videos, Google finally uploaded them http://projectaraforum.com/tag/project-ara-developers-conference-2015-all-videos.65/
hope they will launch soon.

fabienio1

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Yezz will offer at MWC 2015 modules compatible with the modular smartphone from Google, One hundred modules have been accrued by Yezz.

<< Links removed by Moderator>>

Status
Not open for further replies.