Project Spartan: Microsoft Reveals More Details About Its New Browser, And Internet Explorer's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
To be fair, chrome is on a ton of android devices, definitely raises the percentages. Chrome is also installed by accident by a lot of people just looking to download adobe reader.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Well apparently my companies enterprise level applications suck cause they're not even compatible with IE 10 or 11. Typically gotta go with 9 or below, compatibility view don't work for squat.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Well I for one won't be using Spartan because I won't use Windows 8 or 10. I have seen them both and think they are horrible, Both in looks and useability.
Good luck with that. You'll begrudgingly have to learn it sometime.

I already know it, that doesn't mean I will be using it. I will keep my Windows 7 and Linux setups.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Well I for one won't be using Spartan because I won't use Windows 8 or 10. I have seen them both and think they are horrible, Both in looks and useability.
I use Win 8.1 and have used Win 8 since Stardock released Start8. It's just better than 7 in every way. I haven't seen a Metro Window except when I installed Win 8 before I was able to install the first program which was Start 8. Using Win 7 now is just ridiculous, like the old crowd claiming they would never use 7 and stay with XP which was just horrible comparatively. Always makes me laugh reading how people get stuck in the mud with old OS's. Of course I never move across immediately but keep my eye on when the worst of the problems have been sorted.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Microsoft sure likes sticking with Halo themed names and stuff. I'm really not suprised its called spartan.
I was hoping they called it Spartan because its bare bones. Still its always a good idea for Microsoft to name things after things from Halo. Halo is very popular and is one of the reasons the Xbox didn't flop. After all what voice assistant would we rather use, Cortana, Siri, or Google Whatever?

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
@childofthekorn we had the same issue, our company was stuck on IE8 for a long time, but then we tried Enterprise mode in IE11 and nearly everything we have tried has worked ok with the proper settings.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Keep in mind you can get 3rd party apps to make Windows 10 function just like 7. They work very well thus far. With windows 10 being a free upgrade shouldn't hurt too bad to get some 3rd party apps for better functionality, much like linux.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Appreciate the info. I've actually looked into this and have forwarded it to our Sys admins to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.