Question Projector with HDMI-to-DVI adapter works with one motherboard, but not a similar one

Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I have a Panasonic PT-FW300NT projector that I've been using a DVI to HDMI adapter cable with for a while. The PC I have been using it with has a Gigabyte H110M-STX motherboard (datasheet) with an Intel i3-7350k processor.

The motherboard I'm trying now is an ASRock H110M-STX motherboard (datasheet), which is the same form factor as the other motherboard, but I have an Intel i5-7600k processor in this one.

I have been using the Gigabyte motherboard for a long time with no issue, but for some reason I get no signal with the ASRock motherboard. I have verified that both motherboards are fully functional with a regular HDMI monitor.

Any thoughts?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you specify another link to the adapter used in tandem with the prior motherboard and the projector? I end up with a generic list of cables, nothing specific. As a side note, how are you cooling the i5-7600K while using that STX form factored motherboard? Speaking of the motherboard, can you disassemble the system, and inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken CPU socket pins? Try powering the system without any storage device.

Have you tried pairing the new CPU/motherboard combo with another panel?

Sep 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Could you specify another link to the adapter used in tandem with the prior motherboard and the projector? I end up with a generic list of cables, nothing specific. As a side note, how are you cooling the i5-7600K while using that STX form factored motherboard? Speaking of the motherboard, can you disassemble the system, and inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken CPU socket pins? Try powering the system without any storage device.

Have you tried pairing the new CPU/motherboard combo with another panel?
Hmm, maybe you could try this link for the Amazon Basics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable, Black, 6 Feet, 1-Pack

I am cooling both CPUs using a Silverstone Tek Super Slim Profile CPU Cooler, as it fits inside the case well. I also have two 50mm fans for intake and exhaust, although they are small, they are running at full speed and in very close proximity to the CPU cooler. I assembled the system myself, and can ensure you there are no bent pins.

I can also verify that the CPU/motherboard works perfectly fine with an ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 Monitor over the same HDMI port, I get video-out and have used it on that monitor to set the system up. However, I have not tried using that same HDMI-to-DVI adapter to that same monitor's DVI port, I will try that later today and report back. I've only noticed that when I switch from one system to the other going to that projector through the adapter, I have issues getting any signal. But, that HDMI-to-DVI adapter works great with the similarly setup ASRock motherboard combo.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021
I just tested the ASRock motherboard connected to that Asus monitor's DVI port using the HDMI-to-DVI adapter and it works just fine. Going to go back to the projector and try that again I suppose.