Proliant G4 Storage Server

Hi,

I am trying to update the BIOS on the above server as directed by HP. I
have downloaded the ROMpaq utility and created a bootable floppy as
directed. However, for some reason, the server won't boot from the floppy
drive. I have changed the boot sequence to boot from A: first but nothing
happens.

Does anyone have any ideas why this will not work?

Thanks

Colin

Sounds like the boot disk did not "sys" correctly. It needs an few system
files on it to boot. Put it in a different machine and go to a "dos"
command prompt and do an attrib *.* command on the A: drive. If msdos.sys
and a few other SH files are on there, it should work.

doug

"Colin Hacker" <c.hacker@vitec.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to update the BIOS on the above server as directed by HP. I
> have downloaded the ROMpaq utility and created a bootable floppy as
> directed. However, for some reason, the server won't boot from the floppy
> drive. I have changed the boot sequence to boot from A: first but nothing
> happens.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this will not work?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin

Hi,

the thing is, the server is not even attempting to read from A: Drive
at startup. It just boots straight from C: Drive despite changing boot
sequence to boot from A: Drive first.

Thanks

Colin