Prolimatech Megahalems fit in an Antec 900 case?

opuspocus83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this setup and if it will fit.
I know that it would be a tight fit, but is it possible?
Thanks for any input

ghargens

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
opuspocus83,
I don't have first hand experience but I can give you one of my tricks...

Step 1) Find a local vendor that carries the case you're interested in. [ Antec 900 ]
Step 2) Find the dimensions of the cooler you're interested in. [ Prolimatech Megahalems Heatsink Dimensions: 130 x 74 x 158.7 mm (L x W x H) ]
Step 3) Use Wolfram|Alpha to find a common item of approximate size to take with you to the local vendor. [ Turns out 158.7mm is close to the length of a dollar bill or three times the height (short side) of a credit card ]
Step 4) Take the item of your choice, from Step 3, to the local vendor and measure the case using the item. [ I would choose the dollar and add some 'slop' in visually ]

If you don't have a local vendor just do the math as r_manic suggests.
You could also just take an actual measuring device with you to the store, like a ruler, but I find that tends to look weird in some settings (like a big-box). Plus, if you pick an item that is already in your wallet you don't have to remember to bring anything with you.

Best Regards,
Gabriel

The cpu heatsink will fit on the Gigabyte motherboard.

The cpu heatsink will fit inside the Antec 900 case which is 8.1 inches wide.

The general rule of thumb is a 160mm tall tower style heatsink can fit inside a pc case that is at least 8 inches wide.