[SOLVED] Proof of purchase from WD

Mar 13, 2020
Hi

I have sent several HDDs for RMA in WD. They are asking for proof of purchase. The HDDs are few years old but are under warranty. I have lost all the purchase receipts. What to do? They never asked me in the past for PoP. Is it random? They did not explain me the proper reason for that. Thanks.

Solution
We have various NAS servers with hundreds of HDDs. Ususally, we prefer to send multiple drives when they have some issues. We did in the past without any issues. May be I should do one at a time. We do this way just to save shipping cost as we no longer can use WD's shipping method. Thanks

Doing it as a corporation is a different thing, but then you should have purchasing information and some better contact with WD for support. You did not say this was a corporate issue, that is why IT and purchasing departments exist to handle things like warranty repairs.

Doing things in a company is different than if you were just some guy buying drives for home use.

RealBeast

Titan
I would just explain to them where you purchased them from and that you no longer have the receipts. While their warranty policies do not require a receipt, they do require that you purchase from an authorized vendor, which a PoP would show.

Many places like Newegg and Amazon keep your purchase history back to when you opened an account.

Mar 13, 2020
@RealBeast @Ralston18 Thanks a lot. While creating the RMA I registered the drives and checked the warranty. So they should be under warranty.

I thought authorized vendors share the information with WD when they sell the drives to the end user. I called the warranty dept. earlier and explained them about the whole situation. I even sent an email to RMA dept. almost 2 weeks ago. No one replied and it seems RMA is stuck. Lets hope for the best.

NB: Most of the drives are purchased either from BestBuy or Microcenter locally.

Hi

I have sent several HDDs for RMA in WD. They are asking for proof of purchase. The HDDs are few years old but are under warranty. I have lost all the purchase receipts. What to do? They never asked me in the past for PoP. Is it random? They did not explain me the proper reason for that. Thanks.

Form your post you sent drives to them before to get replaced and sent "several" again now, that would cause me to look at your requests a bit closely, most people don't send multiple drives for warranty often, they want to make sure you are not just collecting bad drives and trying to return them for new ones.

Mar 13, 2020
Form your post you sent drives to them before to get replaced and sent "several" again now, that would cause me to look at your requests a bit closely, most people don't send multiple drives for warranty often, they want to make sure you are not just collecting bad drives and trying to return them for new ones.
We have various NAS servers with hundreds of HDDs. Ususally, we prefer to send multiple drives when they have some issues. We did in the past without any issues. May be I should do one at a time. We do this way just to save shipping cost as we no longer can use WD's shipping method. Thanks

Doing it as a corporation is a different thing, but then you should have purchasing information and some better contact with WD for support. You did not say this was a corporate issue, that is why IT and purchasing departments exist to handle things like warranty repairs.

Doing things in a company is different than if you were just some guy buying drives for home use.

Solution