[SOLVED] Proper audio driver install

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Good day All,

I have an MSI Z490 UNIFY motherboard. I plan to do clean windows install. I have downloaded the latest drivers and my question is the next one.

In the folder there is this file MSI-NahimicRestoreTool-APO3-SWCv3.5.0.0-EXTv1.1.44.0 should I install this one as well?
Should I install also the Nahimic from Microsoft store or it will install automatically with updates. And btw is it necessary to install?

Thanks for your replies.

Solution
First make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version. Once you've prepped your system for installing the OS, disconnect from the www, install the OS in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Did you source the driver from their support site, here? If so, run "MSI launcher" in an elevated command.

Lutfij

Titan
First make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version. Once you've prepped your system for installing the OS, disconnect from the www, install the OS in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Did you source the driver from their support site, here? If so, run "MSI launcher" in an elevated command.

Solution

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Yes. Absolutely I do like this. Only my question is that am I suppose to install the mentioned file as well? And after finish all the drivers should I install the nahimic or not. Usually the realtek audio control panel downloads automaticall, from microsoft store but the nahimic usually not.