Question Proper cooling pad for Dell

tungleboomps

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Greetings! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 and am looking for a proper cooling pad for this. Of course, the exhaust port is on the botton of the machine, near what I'll call the back.
I've been looking at this ...
TopMate C11 Laptop Cooling Pad RGB Gaming Notebook Cooler, Laptop Fan Stand Adjustable Height with 6 Quiet Fans and Phone Holder, Computer Chill Mat, for 15.6-17.3 Inch Laptops - Red LED Light : Amazon.ca: Electronics

... and the reason being, one can shut off the two fans near where the exhaust port would be. Question then: would this particular cooling pad be acceptable or is there another suggestion?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is there a particularly reason that you feel you need a cooling pad?

As suggested earlier, in general, they are a waste of money and get in the way when used.

As long as you ensure adequate airflow for the Dell, it should be fine without a cooling pad.

tungleboomps

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Good! I take it that you and the Lutfij are dead set against these things, whereas in reality, it is I suppose a debatable topic. I'm finding out that this Dell Inspiron 15 3000 actually is venting out through the bottom which I find unusual, so a cooling pad might not be the best course of action, unless I want to blow the exhausting hot air back into the laptop and watch it catch fire.
Thanks for the replies!

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Good! I take it that you and the Lutfij are dead set against these things, whereas in reality, it is I suppose a debatable topic. I'm finding out that this Dell Inspiron 15 3000 actually is venting out through the bottom which I find unusual, so a cooling pad might not be the best course of action, unless I want to blow the exhausting hot air back into the laptop and watch it catch fire.
Thanks for the replies!
No, not set against it. But would hate to see you spend money on something that doesn't help you.

Reactions: tungleboomps

tungleboomps

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Do you feel there are cases by which cooling pads can be helpful? I have a new MSI Katana, and if one looks at the screen, the fans spin up. This as far as I can gather, is because the machine is so thin.
I'm thinking (or hoping) that a cooling pad pushing air into the bottom of this thing (has a mesh like bottom) might be a better investment than Clonazepam.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you feel there are cases by which cooling pads can be helpful? I have a new MSI Katana, and if one looks at the screen, the fans spin up. This as far as I can gather, is because the machine is so thin.
I'm thinking (or hoping) that a cooling pad pushing air into the bottom of this thing (has a mesh like bottom) might be a better investment than Clonazepam.
If the intake is on the bottom and the exhaust on the sides/rear, then a cooling pad should help improve airflow.

Reactions: tungleboomps