Proper resolution not listed after re-install.

Jellso

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Hi internet

My parents' laptop was getting really slow, so i decided to re-install Windows. When they bought it, it had Windows 7, so i thought that it would be a good idea to upgrade to Windows 8.1. When we booted the laptop up however, we had an error (which i don't really remember) and we couldn't log into our user account. Instead of fixing this we booted windows into safe mode and made a backup of our photos and videos.
After i installed Windows, I'm still stuck at the resolution that windows safe mode has (which is 1024x768). I've tried updating the video drivers, but this leads to a "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" "system_thread_exception_not_handled".

nccEfll.png

Any help would be greatly appriciated since I've tried fixing this for hours and still can't find the proper solution.

Hi

Sometimes Windows Vista or 7 graphics driver wont install under Win 8 or 10 because of compatibility with the setup program but the device driver will work once installed

If you right click on setup program for the Graphics driver
use option to troubleshoot compatibility and if may suceed in letting the setup run correctly

regards

Mike Barnes

Jellso

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

Hi Mike

I tried doing this, but insted of getting a BSOD, the installation process stops. I've waited 20 minutes and tried diffrent drivers but that didn't seem to work.