[SOLVED] Proper SATA connector needed

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: dannybo
Jul 25, 2020
Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33
SSD - Western Digital Blue SSD 250GB M.2 SATAIII TLC

But for now, the issue is that the adapter has only female molex port which obviously doesn't stick with female molex port from the power supply

Jul 25, 2020
What you want is this adapter https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-M-2-2-5in-SATA-Adapter/dp/B00ITJ7U20

Or better yet return the drive and get a standard SATA one instead of spending extra money on adapters for the drive.
I wish it was that easy, but there is no free 2.5 slot in a system .
The only free spots are expansion slots and sata ports. So I assume M.2->SATA is the kind of adapter needed, but the question is how to connect it to the power supply with female molex only.

I wish it was that easy, but there is no free 2.5 slot in a system .
The only free spots are expansion slots and sata ports. So I assume M.2->SATA is the kind of adapter needed, but the question is how to connect it to the power supply with female molex only.

See if there is another cable you can get for it, it's an odd power cable to include if the idea is to power it from the system PSU. There may also be gender changes but those are better avoided due to more things that can fail and cause a short/fire/melt something with the power supply.

You can also mount a drive adapter without a slot or use another free area, they are small and light enough that people stick them on with Velcro, or a Command Strip.