Props be to xthekidx, Animal, Proximon

TheGuitarist

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
Being a member of another forum, I can identify with helping people out, but to continuously help out (me included!) people with essentially the SAME THREAD over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, well big thanks.

Others help out a lot as well. Outlander, Fullmetal, Liquid, etc..

Is thanks necessary? IMO **** yes it is. It may seem a little silly, but in my 2 weeks of use I've seen how similar my thread was compared to many others like it. Yet they typically respond with equal fervor to every post.

I HAVE read a few attempts to curb such similar threads, but that's more then expected/necessary.

Personally, I've gone from simpletoon noobington to slightly less stupid thanks to this place. :lol:

Regardless, thanks a bunch.

G

i was thinking of making a similar post. i just built my first computer on Friday after spending too many hours reading and posting here. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! i have my q6600 running at a max of 26 degrees idle and 38 load right now. the next step is overclocking!!! i'll get some pictures after I clean up the wiring...

techwizard08

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Absolutely. These guys consistently share their knowledge, and make the community better. And even show those of us that think they know something a thing or two ;)

TheGuitarist

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
That's precisely what I like.

I try to set an example on forums I inhabit regarding subjects I excel in.

These guys, for the most part, prove that there's no substitute for objectivity.

I may be new, and I may have missed some stupid debates, but amount of fanboy drivel is dwarfed by other forums. Because if this, even if I don't contribute much to this forum, you can be damn sure I'll be a visitor for as long as TH continues to function.

techwizard08

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, every now and then you found a New Build thread and someone eventually throws out the "why don't you even consider AMD/Intel" and the battle rages on. :)

Though, with so many experienced users, the benchmarks always come out...

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
ditto to the OP. These people were tremendously helpful in taking me from knowing little to nothing about building/current products to being able to piece together a solid system. Keep up the good work guys!

Hopefully I will have my own thank you thread in the first week of march when my build is complete. Hoping to make a video and take multiple pictures.

TheGuitarist

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
That's my plan as well, Fooly.

My goal is to be 'fluent' in all things computer parts by the end of February.

I mean, I can quote you guys and recommend good things to other people, but I'm still working on the 'why' and 'how it works in detail' part of it all.

BTW - Crazy ass manga/anime.

lungsofiron

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Yes, thanks so much. My head was spinning with the glut of information (and conflicting opinions) on the web before I decided to ask for help here. You lot really helped me get it all sorted. Wish I had come here in the first place, saved myself a migraine or two. Thanks again, lads!

oneof10

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I am becoming an avid consumer of TH. Fantastic work by the "regulars" sorry I don't know all your names yet. But in respect to Proximon, I will post pics of my new build I am ordering on this Friday. Thank you.

Akebono 98

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
+1 to The Guitarist

Consistently great advice from a consistently great community, all with a passion for improving the art of PC configuration & building.

Yes sir, the cutting edge is right here on the Tom's Hardware Homebuilt Systems Forum!!! :bounce:

P.S. I second Proximon's sentiment about posting pictures (and maybe benchmarks too) of the final product. That's the best way to say thank you and mark the success of a build.

waynec121

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Yes, many thanks to all you guys. I am new here as well but I am positive I will soon become a regular here because of the great community. You guys are awesome and I'm sure it can get pretty annoying at times looking at the same topics over and over, but yet you guys always provide accurate, polite, and knowledgeable posts. After being on this site my knowledge of computers has increased 10 fold. I am very grateful and as I am building a pc soon will definitely post pics!!!