protected CDs..

G

well....i hope no one's gonna be offended...and i guess this is illegal....but i just made a copy of tombraider 4 for my friend....and was hoping to make a copy of his Grand PRIX 3...WELL it seems it's too well protected....and i've tried every software on earth...but it takes around 45 minutes to copy 1%.....so ..is it impossible to copy it...??
after all....i'm not doing really something bad..??....or am i...???
is there any way to beat this....??

G

clone CD didn't work too....u see...it doesn,t say the copying failed....but as i said...it reads 1% in about an hour...

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Try the fast error skipping option.

Or better yet there is a program for CloneCD. It can detect the type of copy protection the CD is using. It also has a large database where you can lookup people's successful attempts at burning a copy protected CD. It also works as a plugin for CloneCD.

<A HREF="http://www.mod.myokay.net/english/StarGate.html" target="_new">http://www.mod.myokay.net/english/StarGate.html</A>

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Clonecd will copy anything given the right cdrw drive. What make and model do you have? Copying gaming cds is mostly dependant on hardware. Your cdrw has to support dao-raw writing. And your reader will have to be able to read audio and data subchannels.

-- Chaos is the better order.

G

well....my burner is a plex 16\10\40...i guess that's a good one....my reader sucks...its a sony cdu4811

G

As far as I know in many copy protected CD's the copy protection is in the "beginning" of the CD, so maybe once CloneCD has read the 1st 3 or 4% of the CD it will read the remaining sectors at a much higher speed.

The best way to fight boredom is sleeping

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
The software add-on you need is called CLONY it is an add in for clone cd, run both at once and it will, on your command transfer the correct settings after reading the disk to clone cd (except for secure rom *new*, this one it gives ya the correct settings to enter manually) One thing you should know is that the aforementioned protection relies to some extent on you trying to run the game from the burner ..since a burner differentiates between a pressed cd and a cd-r it wont run... but !! it WILL run from any reader as these dont differentiate between types of cd.

Look at cdr-info.com to get the CLONY program (it is in english and German versions) and the latest version of clone cd ( to be sure your burner is now implemented in it)

Lagger

almost forget .. read and burn at like 4x to be accurate and DO NOT correct sub-channel data

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lagger on 05/23/01 02:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey, you have said that your "reader sucks..." Are you runnign CloneCD from your reader? Just wondering...
If so, there will be no go, if not so, I use CloneCD on My Plextor (same model by the way) at slower speeds always, it works 100% all the times (4 to 12 max for reading and burning), otherwise it will read and burn but will not run. So try slower reading and burning, might help.

Have fun,

bluh.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: